10 Surprising Sources of Protein
Just recently, there was a buzz on social media against the popular belief that beans is a source of protein. It states that beans is a source of carbohydrates not protein as we all believed. This obviously caused an uproar and definitely left many people in shock.
Beans are considered as incomplete protein because they do not contain all the essential amino acids and to make it a balanced diet, it is recommended to add it to another protein based foods. Beans are fiber rich foods that contains protein, iron, folate, potassium and magnesium.
10 Foods you had no Idea Have This Much Protein
- Sweet Potatoes: Sweet potatoes contains 4g of protein which is about half a cup of milk.
- Green Vegetables: Spinach contains about 5g of protein, Lentils contains 17.8g(more than a cup of milk),green peas, chicken peas ,broccoli are also excellent sources of protein
- Cheese: Cheese contains a great number of protein as well as a high number of calcium which provides strong bones and teeth in humans.
- Pasta: Surprising, yeah? A bowl of pasta contains 7.5g of proteins. I’m sure you will definitely be looking at your bowl of pasta a different way now.
- Egusi Seed: packed with very high number of protein and vitamins. It contains 35% of protein, rich in Vitamin A, vitamin B1 and B2, which are important for body growth and production of red blood cells. It also contains Niacin which is great for healthy skin .
- Soybeans: Soybeans are the only vegetables that are filled with complete proteins that is they contain all the nine essential amino acid.
- Nuts and Seeds : They provide 6-9 grams of protein per serving
- Brown Rice: Brown rice has a considerable amount of protein which makes it an excellent source for people looking for a vegetarian or vegan protein food.
- Avocado: There are 4.5g of protein per avocado.
Also listen to how your body reacts to these foods.