Do you know dehydration can occur any time? Signs of a dehydrated system includes, excessive thirst, dry and flaky skin, dry mouth, decrease in urination, muscle spasm, headaches etc. Hydration simply means drinking enough fluids. Benefits of a Hydrated system includes: glowing skin, healthy hair and nails, it promotes a balanced excretory system which helps flush out toxins from the body.
Water is an essential to the body. Take at least three liters of water a day. It aids digestion and cleanses the metabolic system of the body. Staying hydrated is very essential to one’s health, do not take it for granted or joke with it.
Some Tips to Keep you Hydrated
- Take a glass of water in the morning: Drink a glass of water as soon as you wake up in the mornings.
- Take a cup when you feel hungry or before you eat.
- Carry a water bottle around wherever you are: You are more likely to drink water if it is with you. It is also cheaper to fill up your water bottle throughout the day than buying bottles of water
- Add Flavor to your water; Don’t get boring, you could spice things up while you drink water, you could add strawberry, lemon or cucumbers.
- Eat your Water: Staying hydrated is not all about beverages, your body is able to absorb water from the foods that we eat. Foods that have a high water percentage include strawberries, spinach, watermelon, peaches, bell peppers, cucumber etc.
- Don’t wait till your thirsty before you drink water.
- Take a cup of Water before bed.
- Dress according to the weather.
- Drink moderate amounts of coffee and tea. They have similar hydrating properties as water. Also their caffeine content may give you an energy boost.
- You can take Oral hydration solution which contains water, electrolyte, and sugar